FALL EXPOSURE EVENT
NCAA CERTIFICATION REQUESTED
NCAA CERTIFICATION HAS BEEN REQUESTED
In order to operate an NCAA-certified event or league, participate in coaching activities or sit on the team bench at an NCAA-certified event in 2017, you are required to obtain a USA Basketball (USAB) GOLD License. Be sure to indicate that you will participate in NCAA-certified activities on your USAB application.
CAUTION – Failure to identify yourself as a participant in NCAA-certified activities on your USAB application will prevent you from accessing the required coach/operator sections in the BBCS resulting in your inability to operate an NCAA-certified event/league or coach in an NCAA-certified event.
You should allow a minimum of three weeks to complete the required USA Basketball’s Gold Licensing process.
The USAB License applies to the academic-year calendar . So, the license will be valid from the date the license is granted until August 31. (Previously, NCAA approvals were conducted on an actual calendar year with all approvals expiring on December 31.) That means you can apply now and get your approval for Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 to avoid any problems with your application. You can actually APPLY TODAY!
The USAB Gold License application fee is $55 annually (plus additional background check fees if applicable) and will include all of your educational requirements AND your Verified Volunteers background check.
NOTE: Some states and/or counties charge a fee to access your records and you will be required to pay these pass-through fees when you complete the VV portion of the application. These fees will be paid to the state/county and cannot be avoided.
- Applicable Counties: Several counties in Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- Applicable States: Colorado, Maine, Montana, New York, South Dakota, and Vermont.
- To view applicable fees: County and State pass-through fees. County fees are on pages 1-3. State fees are on page 4.
- After obtaining the Gold Coach License, the coach receives the following benefits for the season:
- Recognized Affiliation – ability to promote as a USA Basketball licensed coach
- Coaching & Safety Education – Training through specialized USA Basketball and U.S. Olympic Committee courses
- Youth Development Guidebook – a 400-page guide to coaching including a robust player development curriculum
- License Card –the official photo identification card issued by USA Basketball
- Digital Locator – listing on the USA Basketball digital platform for visibility to parents, players, coaches and other administrators
- Insurance –general liability insurance to help protect the coach
- Tools & Resources – exclusive access to coaching videos, webinars and other materials through
- Appreciation Offers – preferred access and special discounts to attend select live USA Basketball Youth Development events
NEW BBCS REQUIRES USAB # TO ACCESS:
The NCAA will be using a new technology platform in 2017 and you will NOT be able to access the Basketball Certification System (BBCS) before you have a USA Basketball GOLD License. So until you have completed this process and been granted a USAB Gold License number, you will not be able to submit an event/league application nor create a team roster.
For further information about the USAB Gold License, FAQs, and how to get started, please go to the USAB site dedicated to coaches/operators participating in NCAA-certified events: www.usab.com/NCAALicense or call 1-844-652-6201.
TEAM ENTRY FEE
TEAM ENTRY FEE & DISCOUNTS
until March 1st
March 1st to May 1st